Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 3.2 of Stonefield Query for SalesLogix.
Stonefield Query is a user-friendly report writing, business intelligence, query, and data mining tool. With its intuitive wizard driven design, Stonefield Query makes report writing a snap for even the most novice user. Elegant and persuasive reports can be created in minutes with little or no technical knowledge required.
Some of the new features in this release are:
- If it is installed, Stonefield Query will use the SalesLogix OLE/DB provider for reporting. This means that Stonefield Query now adheres to SalesLogix record based security (you only see those records that your SalesLogix username is allowed to see) and all date/time fields will automatically be converted to your local time zone. If the OLE/DB provider is not available then Stonefield Query will connect via ODBC.
- When using the OLE/DB provider, Stonefield Query automatically retrieves a list of the SalesLogix datasources that have been defined on your computer by your SalesLogix administrator.
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Modeless report wizards: the report wizards are no longer modal, so you can modify more than one report at a time.
Single ask-at-runtime dialog: all ask-at-runtime filter conditions now appear in a single, wizard-like dialog rather than one dialog per condition.
- Workstation installer: Stonefield Query now has a separate WSSetup.EXE installer, installed by Setup.EXE, that does workstation installations with the minimum of user interaction.
- More grouping options: you can now specify that a non-grouped field should be included in the group header for another field, you can have all fields in the group header on a single line rather than stacked on separate lines, and all fields in the group header now appear in summary reports.
- Multi-line headings: many fields now have multi-line headings so they don't take up as much room in a report, and you can change field headings to use multiple lines.
- Customize Report Wizard for all report types: all report wizards now have an Advanced button, allowing access to TOP N, custom SQL statements, and other features.