We released an update to Stonefield Query version 3.3 today. It has the following new features and bug fixes.
- The Formula Editor now allows you to specify what table the formula appears in, as well as its data type, size, and number of decimals. In previous versions, it determined these things automatically but didn't allow you to change them. In addition to letting you edit them if necessary, it now does a better job of determining the defaults for these settings.
- The Formula Editor also allows you to save formulas that aren't valid in the Formula Editor but might be when running a report. This allows you to use much more complex formulas, such as using the RunSQL or SQLookup functions.
- The new SQLookup function allows you to retrieve a value from another table without doing a join to that table.
- Using a date field in the X axis of a chart report now automatically formats it to display the year. You can, of course, change that to another type of format.
- Linking now works for fields in group headers.
- Grouping on a field that appears later in the field list than numeric fields with "Show percentage of total" turned on no longer gives an error.
- You now longer get an error if a non-grouped non-totalled field appears in a quick report with "Summary report" turned on and one or more fields having "Show percentage of total" turned on.
- A bug that prevented the Values button in Step 2 of the report wizards from working under some conditions was fixed.
- The news reader now shows the correct date for news items.
- A bug that prevented a file from being created when you're emailing a report and outputting each group to a separate file and you didn't specify the file name and the "Erase file after email sent" option is turned on was fixed.
- A bug that preventing a field with "Show percentage of total" turned on from working properly in a report that has no grouped fields was fixed.
- You now get a warning if you try to run a chart report that has too many data points.
- A bug that caused an error or didn't size fields properly when running a report with fields that have "illegal" characters (such as dashes) in their names was fixed.
- A bug that under some conditions caused a field to be retrieved from the wrong table after editing the report in the Advanced Report Designer was fixed.
- A bug that displayed only a single value in a chart when you used a date field in the X axis and formatted it to display something other than date (such as Month or Quarter) was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when you filter a summary report on a logical field was fixed.
- A bug that caused connection problems with some types of Crystal reports was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when doing screen shots during help generation was fixed.
- A bug that prevented displaying a database defined in the first meta data table when you're using multiple meta data tables after refreshing the data dictionary was fixed.
- Refreshing a data dictionary no longer causes certain objects that didn't have any changes from being added to the last meta data table when you're using multiple meta data tables.
- Removing an object from the data dictionary now removes it from all meta data tables when you're using multiple meta data tables.