Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 3.2 of the Stonefield Query SDK.
Stonefield Query is a user-friendly report writing, business intelligence, query, and data mining tool. With its intuitive wizard driven design, Stonefield Query makes report writing a snap for even the most novice user. Elegant and persuasive reports can be created in minutes with little or no technical knowledge required.
You can use the Stonefield Query SDK to create your own custom reporting solutions for nearly any type of data. Stonefield Query supports Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, DB2, Sybase, Pervasive, Access, FoxPro, and Progress just to name a few!
Some of the new features in this release are:
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Stand-alone windows: Stonefield Query no longer has a "background" window. Instead, each window appears directly on the user's Windows desktop. This makes it easier to have Stonefield Query appear to be integrated with your application.
- Modeless report wizards: the report wizards are no longer modal, so you can modify more than one report at a time.
- Single ask-at-runtime dialog: all ask-at-runtime filter conditions now appear in a single, wizard-like dialog rather than one dialog per condition.
- Workstation installer: Stonefield Query now has a separate WSSetup.EXE installer, installed by Setup.EXE, that does workstation installations with the minimum of user interaction.
- More grouping options: you can now specify that a non-grouped field should be included in the group header for another field, you can have all fields in the group header on a single line rather than stacked on separate lines, and all fields in the group header now appear in summary reports.
- Multi-line headings: you can define multiple line headings for fields in the Configuration Utility and the user can change field headings to use multiple lines.
- Customize Report Wizard for all report types: all report wizards now have an Advanced button, allowing access to TOP N, custom SQL statements, and other features.
There are dozens of other new features and bug fixes. For more information about version 3.2, please see the What's New in This Version topic in the online SDK documentation for changes in the Configuration Utility and the What's New in This Version topic in the online end-user documentation for changes in the Report Designer.