Stonefield Query is a user-friendly report writing, business intelligence, query, and data mining tool. With its intuitive wizard driven design, Stonefield Query makes report writing a snap for even the most novice user. Elegant and persuasive reports can be created in minutes with little or no technical knowledge required.
Some of the new features in this release are:
- Swiftpage support: Stonefield Query now has specific support for reporting on Swiftpage data stored in an ACT! database.
- Navigate ACT! from Query reports: Stonefield Query reports now support links to navigate the ACT! interface. With these links in a report, clicking a contact, company, or group in a report will display that item in ACT! itself.
- Custom subentities support: Support has been added for ACT!'s new custom subentities feature, which was added in ACT! version 10.02.
- New tables: The new tables Opportunity History and Logon History have been added, for ACT! databases supporting these items.
- Stonefield Query items in ACT! menus: Stonefield Query is now able to add menu items to ACT!'s interface. Menu items can be added to launch Query, or to run specific Query reports.
- Import ACT! Advanced Queries: Advanced Queries from ACT! 2005 and later can now be imported as Stonefield Query reports.
- New sample reports: More than 20 new sample reports have been added, bringing the total number to over 160.
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Modeless report wizards: the report wizards are no longer modal, so you can modify more than one report at a time.
- Single ask-at-runtime dialog: all ask-at-runtime filter conditions now appear in a single, wizard-like dialog rather than one dialog per condition.
- Workstation installer: Stonefield Query now has a separate WSSetup.EXE installer, installed by Setup.EXE, that does workstation installations with the minimum of user interaction.
- More grouping options: you can now specify that a non-grouped field should be included in the group header for another field, you can have all fields in the group header on a single line rather than stacked on separate lines, and all fields in the group header now appear in summary reports.
- Multi-line headings: many fields now have multi-line headings so they don't take up as much room in a report, and you can change field headings to use multiple lines.
- Customize Report Wizard for all report types: all report wizards now have an Advanced button, allowing access to TOP N, custom SQL statements, and other features.