We released an update to Stonefield Query for Sage Pro ERP version 3.3 today. See the general changes made to Stonefield Query for what’s new.
Friday, November 27, 2009
Monday, November 2, 2009
We released an update to Stonefield Query for Sage Accpac ERP version 3.3 today. In addition to the general changes made to Stonefield Query, it has the following new features:
- Stonefield Query now supports Sage Accpac ERP version 5.6.
- The Formula Editor now works with Accpac optional fields.
- Stonefield Query now has better support for the Pervasive Client ODBC driver.
We released an update to Stonefield Query SDK version 3.3 today. It has the following new features and bug fixes.
- Output to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets now supports memo fields.
- You can now specify the SMTP port to use for email in the Email page of the Options dialog.
- The Include all fields in same table in group header option in the Grouping page of the Field Properties dialog was removed because it conflicted with the Include this field in the group header for option. To include all fields from the same table as a grouped field in the group header for that field, select each field one at a time and set the Include this field in the group header for option to the name of the grouped field.
- The Import function in the Template Editor is now available even if you're using a Report Viewer license.
- The License Manager now has a Refresh button to refresh the display of the licenses.
- Fields you've sorted on but with the Display this field in the report setting turned off are not sorted. Otherwise, a summary report with a non-grouped, non-summed field that's sorted on would be sorted on a field that isn't visible in the report rather than the group fields.
- If you have expired subscription licenses, you can now remove them at startup rather than shutting down the application.
- The Open Database function in the File menu is now disabled if any report wizard windows are open.
- A bug that caused changes to which users belong to which groups in the Maintain Users and Groups dialog to be discarded was fixed.
- A bug that prevented passwords of exactly ten characters from working correctly was fixed.
- A bug that caused incorrect row totals in cross-tabulation reports when you included a field that doesn't appear in the report was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when printing certain types of currency values was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when using a date field in the data area of a cross-tab report was fixed.
- A bug that caused date fields formatted as week, month, quarter, or year in the row of a cross-tab report to not output correctly was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error under some conditions when using the "is between" operator with date fields in an exclusion filter was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error with a template such as "Fancy Groups 1" with a report that has no groups but enough fields to move to the next row was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when clicking the Values button in the Filter dialog for exclusion conditions was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when outputting a summary report that has Show count in group footer turned on for a grouped field to file was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when importing an invalid template was fixed.
- Turning off grouping for a formerly grouped field now removes all fields from the group header for that field.
- A bug that caused a field with a space in the name to be grouped even if it isn't supposed to be when you save the layout in the Advanced Report Designer was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when a date field with a very long name is used in the row of a cross-tab report was fixed.
- A bug that caused a column in a cross-tab report with a blank column header to be omitted but the values in that column to be included in row totals was fixed.
- Microsoft Excel data-only and comma-delimited (CSV) output now works properly when a field has a character value that Excel may treat as scientific notation. Also, date values that could be valid regardless of the date format used (for example, 01/06/2009 is January 6, 2009 when the date is formatted as MM/DD/YYYY but June 1, 2009 when formatted as DD/MM/YYYY) are now output properly to Excel data-only files.
- A bug that didn't display the steps in the ask-at-runtime filter dialog correctly when there are a lot of ask-at-runtime conditions was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when running a report if "&" appears in your temporary files folder name was fixed.
- The new Share Database Connections configuration setting allows you to specify whether database connections are shared or not; previously, this was done automatically, but that caused a problem for some customers.
- Fields with the Display field from related table setting turned on now support having a custom values method. This allows you to, for example, display a list of values in the Filter Condition dialog filtered on the value of a previous filter condition. For example, you may want the user to filter on a school name, then filter on a course name, but you want the list of courses displayed to only be those for the selected school.
- The new Use a Schema for Queries configuration setting allows you to fine-tune the result set retrieved from a database using an ADO connection.
- There are several new classes in the Stonefield Query object model: Report, Sort, Sorts, ReportField, and ReportFields.
- All help topics showing sample code now include VB.Net and C# examples.
- .Net wrapper classes make it much easier to write script code in VB.Net and C#.
- The new SQApplication.SetViewerLicenses method allows you to limit the number of Report Viewer licenses available to users.
- The new Application.BeforeShowWizard event fires just before Stonefield Query displays a report wizard.
- You can now define whether the data group control in Step 1 of the report wizards displays "All" as the last choice if there are two or more data groups or if it only shows defined data groups.
- Some operating systems cause an error when you click the New project button in the Configuration Utility toolbar. To avoid this, create a file in the program folder called SFQEditor.INI and in a [Settings] section, add OldGetDir=Yes.
- A bug that prevented testing the connection for certain databases was fixed.
- A bug that caused an error when reading relationships from VFP databases was fixed.
- Support for MySQL was improved.
- A bug that caused an error under some conditions when calling SQApplication.GetRegistryKey or SetRegistryKey was fixed.
- Stonefield Query now properly works with VFP tables names with begin with digits.