Version 4.2.4603 has several great new features.
- The new Auto-fit to page setting for quick reports automatically reduces the font when fields would normally be moved to a second row because there are too many to fit on one. This makes it possible for the fields to fit on a single row.
- The new Find Field button in step 2 of the report wizards makes it easier to find a field by part of the caption.
- Reports can be combined into a single PDF output by specifying the same file name for each report and turning on the new Append to existing file setting.
- The Dashboard window now supports outputting all charts to a single PDF file.
- You can now sort a chart by values rather than the default alphabetically by category by setting the Sort setting in the Field Properties dialog to Ascending or Descending Order.
- Stonefield Query now supports printer custom forms specified in templates. This allows you to, for example, create a template that's very wide (using Tabloid size paper) so fields don't wrap onto a second row when there are lots of fields.
- You can now define multi-line point labels for charts in Windows XP (it was only available in previous versions for Windows Vista and 7).
- You now get a warning if you copy an expression from the Expression Builder and paste it into a place where real table and field names are required, such as the expression for a formula or a field in the Advanced Report Designer. Previously, you would get an error when running the report.
Stonefield Query Studio
- You can now specify the location of the project files at install time.
- You can now activate a license programmatically by passing "activate=serial number" on the command line to Stonefield Query.
- You can now programmatically define enumerated or "display from related table" fields, such as in a DataEngine.GetCustomMetaData script.
- Performance is improved when a table that uses a Select script to return an XML result set has fields using expressions in the Caption or Picture properties.
- The SQProxy object has a new Ready property that allows you to control when the Application.AfterSetup script executes.
- A new file, Convert.FLL, must be distributed with Stonefield Query.