We released version 3.3 of Stonefield Query for HEAT today. The list of new and enhanced features in version 3.3 is extensive; see the online help for complete details. Here are the major new features.
- The new Formula Editor allows you to create your own formulas without using the Advanced Report Designer or customizing the data dictionary.
- The new Show percentage of total option in the Format page of the Field Properties dialog automatically adds a new column to the report showing the percentage that the field is of the subtotal in detail lines, of the next level of grouping in subgroup footers, and of the grand total for group footers.
- Turn on the new Show totals in group headers option in Step 5 of the Quick Report Wizard and the Options page of the Reports Explorer to display group totals in the group header rather than the group footer.
- Stonefield Query now supports Crystal Reports reports. You can add them to Stonefield Query using the External Report Wizard.
- The Preview window is no longer modal, meaning you can open multiple instances. Also, the new Preview reports in tabbed pages setting in the Options dialog allows you to determine whether different preview windows are used when you run more than one report or whether the reports appear as different tabs in the same preview window.
- There are several new output options available. You can specify that a timestamp is added to the file created to prevent overwriting existing files, that the file emailed to someone shouldn't be deleted after the email is sent, and what filename to use for the emailed file.
- Previous versions of Stonefield Query create a report as a PDF file when emailing the report to someone. You can now specify the type of file used as an attachment.
- You can now specify that each group in a report should be output to a separate file or email and that the email address should come from a field in the report itself. This can be used, for example, to email invoices to customers; the report is grouped by customer name and includes the customer's email address, so each customer's records are emailed to them.
- You can now sort fields in database order or alphabetical order in Step 2 of the report wizards.
- You can now tell Stonefield Query to display in the Tables drop-down list only those tables related to tables already appearing in the selected list.
- Reports are now stored as export files with an SFX extension in a folder structure that exactly matches the folders in the Reports Explorer.
- The new Send summary queries to database engine setting in the Options dialog allows you to specify whether Stonefield Query or the database engine does data summarization. This may significantly improve the performance of certain types of reports.
- The new Run report with no records option in Step 5 of the report wizards and the Options page in the Reports Explorer allows you to run a report when there are no records that match your conditions.
- You can now report on HEAT "First Level Support" tables.
- Added new "Latest Group Assigned" field to the "Call Log" table that will give you the name of the most recent Group that a Call has been assigned to. This is available so that you do not need to include the "Assignments" table in the report as this would give you multiple records for each Call, one for each assignment that the Call has.
- Added a new "Latest Assignee" field to the "Call Log" table that tells you who the latest assignee is for that particular call.
- Table captions are now of the form: TABLEDESC[TABLETYPE]. Where TABLEDESC is the table caption from the HEAT database and TABLETYPE is the table type (both set by the HEAT administrator). This is to avoid the confusing issue of table listings that have the exact same caption for different tables. You can further narrow down the list of available tables by turning on the "Exclude Supplementary Tables" option in the Tools->Options menu.