Stonefield Query is a user-friendly report writing, business intelligence, query, and data mining tool. With its intuitive wizard driven design, Stonefield Query makes report writing a snap for even the most novice user. Elegant and persuasive reports can be created in minutes with little or no technical knowledge required.
Some of the new features in this release are:
- New field: Transaction Amount, is available in the GL Transaction table. This field contains the amount of both debit and credit transactions in the same column.
- New function: GetAgingDate(), is now available. This function helps make creating an aging report easier, by prompting the report user for a date, and then evaluating to that date for the report run. The function can be used in expressions in the advanced report designer to set up the various aging columns.
- New options: The tools->options dialog has several new options. You can now decide whether or not you want to be prompted for which field you want to join to the GL Account table on, in cases where fields from GL Account are involved in the report. Additionally, you can now decide whether you want to see Account Numbers instead of Account Descriptions.
- New relationships: Several new cross-module relationships are now available, which include AR Customer to Billing Invoice, and Job Cost Job to Project Manangement Job.
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Modeless report wizards: the report wizards are no longer modal, so you can modify more than one report at a time.
Single ask-at-runtime dialog: all ask-at-runtime filter conditions now appear in a single, wizard-like dialog rather than one dialog per condition.
- Workstation installer: Stonefield Query now has a separate WSSetup.EXE installer, installed by Setup.EXE, that does workstation installations with the minimum of user interaction.
- More grouping options: you can now specify that a non-grouped field should be included in the group header for another field, you can have all fields in the group header on a single line rather than stacked on separate lines, and all fields in the group header now appear in summary reports.
- Multi-line headings: many fields now have multi-line headings so they don't take up as much room in a report, and you can change field headings to use multiple lines.
- Customize Report Wizard for all report types: all report wizards now have an Advanced button, allowing access to TOP N, custom SQL statements, and other features.