Stonefield Software Inc. is pleased to announce the release of version 3.2 of Stonefield Query for Sage Pro ERP.
Stonefield Query is a user-friendly report writing, business intelligence, query, and data mining tool. With its intuitive wizard driven design, Stonefield Query makes report writing a snap for even the most novice user. Elegant and persuasive reports can be created in minutes with little or no technical knowledge required.
Stonefield Query for Sage Pro ERP was formerly available from Sage Software as ACCPAC Query. Since ACCPAC Query was returned to us, we've rebranded it as Stonefield Query and synchronized the version number with our other customized versions.
Some of the new features in this release are:
- Charting: you can now quickly create charts and graphs such as these sales by salesperson charts in just a few mouse clicks:
- Drilldowns: you can, for example, create a report that when you click on the customer name drills down to show the orders for that customer.
- Exclusion filters: this allows you to query on the absence of data, such as "give me a list of customers I didn't contact last year" or "give me a list of everyone who did not buy product X". Behind the scenes, Stonefield Query generates a NOT IN subquery, but from the end-user's perspective, it's just as easy as creating a normal filter.
- Modeless report wizards: the report wizards are no longer modal, so you can modify more than one report at a time.
- Single ask-at-runtime dialog: all ask-at-runtime filter conditions now appear in a single, wizard-like dialog rather than one dialog per condition.
- Workstation installer: Stonefield Query now has a separate WSSetup.EXE installer, installed by Setup.EXE, that does workstation installations with the minimum of user interaction.
- More grouping options: you can now specify that a non-grouped field should be included in the group header for another field, you can have all fields in the group header on a single line rather than stacked on separate lines, and all fields in the group header now appear in summary reports.
- Multi-line headings: many fields now have multi-line headings so they don't take up as much room in a report, and you can change field headings to use multiple lines.
- Eliminate tables and fields you don't use: unless you use every single feature in Accpac (and who does?), you see a lot of tables and fields in Stonefield Query that don't contain meaningful data. Use the Analyze Database function to hide things you don't care about.
- Customize Report Wizard for all report types: all report wizards now have an Advanced button, allowing access to TOP N, custom SQL statements, and other features.
There are dozens of other new features and bug fixes. For more information about version 3.2, please see the What's New in This Version topic in the online documentation.